New BioSteps II Filter with 6 Matala filter pads for "Progressive Filtration".
Ideal for water garden ponds up to 2000 gallons and koi ponds up to 1000 gallons.
- 2 Green Matala Pads, 2 Blue Matala Pads, 2 Gray Matala Pads. Amazing filter capacity and improved settling of solids within the filter chamber.
- Flow rate 800 to 900 gals per hour. Gravity return to the pond.
- New "Swivel Inlet Fitting" with barb sizes 3/4", 1", 1-1/4" and 1.5"
- Outlet fitting for 1.5" or 2" pipe connection or connection to optional Waterfall Spillway. The tank is an open flow "gravity return" to the pond.
- Bottom Drain fitting for backwash of dirty water. Includes drain plug. Capable of connecting to optional drain valve (not provided).
- Tank made from automotive grade plastic capable of cold and hot environments.
- Outer tank dimensions 20"L x 15" w x 23" tall.
- Capable of adding the optional 16 watt EZClear UV Clarifier and or optional Waterfall Spillway.
You also have the option to "add on" the optional 16 watt EZClear UV Clarifier or the optional Waterfall Spillway at a later time if you decide to upgrade after you install the Matala BioSteps II Pond Filter on your pond.
Proper flow rate through the BioSteps is 900 gallons per hour.
Connect the outlet of the BioSteps to a pipe leading back to the pond downhill. It is a gravity flow filter so it must be installed above the pond level so the outlet water can flow downhill over your waterfall or directly back to the pond. We sugggest you use 2 inch PVC pipe going downhill back to the pond and keep your pipe distance to less than 10 feet. If you are a longer distance away then you must raise the BioSteps higher in order to achieve good gravity flow back to the pond.
Waterfall Spillway Option!! Add the optional waterfall spillway to make an easy waterfall pouring directly from the filter back into the pond. This enables you to install the filter hidden in your waterfall or you can install it as a free standing unit.
Very versatile filter. This is our number one best seller.